Obtaining A Provisional Licence Entitlement

Looking to obtain an LGV / HGV Provisional Licence?

We have some advice on how to get your provisional licence and the things to remember

How to get a Provisional licence entitlement

Obtaining Provisional Licence Entitlement Before Training

In order to commence training with us, you are required to obtain provisional licence entitlement from the DVLA.

Therefore, a D2 Application Form must be completed and sent off.

The link below will take you to the GOV.UK website where all relevant forms can be found. This includes the D2 application form.

DVLA Forms

Please ensure the application form is read carefully before it is completed.
Attention must be paid when selecting the appropriate provisional entitlement.

Medical Assessment

Driving Medical AssessmentAdditionally, you must have a medical assessment to prove you are fit to drive an LGV.

This can be carried out by your own surgery/GP but it can be completed by any doctor. This is a chargeable service.

The doctor must complete a D4 Form – this can also be downloaded using the DVLA Forms link above.

Send this completed form to the DVLA along with your D2 Form.

Whilst you are awaiting your paperwork from the DVLA, start studying for your Theory Test.

Email us at info@traindrive.co.uk or call us on 01322 901 306 to book in advance an assessment drive.

Traindrive Assessment Drive £45 + VAT

Tel: 01322 901 306
Mob: 07973 731274
Email: info@traindrive.co.uk