Driving Licence Information
Here is some useful information about Driving Licences with regard to driver training
The GOV website has a lot of useful information and features to assist when it comes to driving licences. For instance you can now view or share your driving licence information online at the GOV website.
All you will need is your driving licence number, National Insurance number and the postcode on your licence.
For lorry bus and coach licences, their information page is located via this link
Become a lorry or bus driver
To become a lorry, bus or coach driver you need to:
- have a full car licence
- be over 18 – but there are some exceptions
- get a professional driving qualification (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence – CPC)
How to get and keep the full Driver CPC
- Apply for a provisional lorry or bus licence.
- Pass the 4 tests that make up Driver CPC to qualify.
- Take 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to stay qualified.
You need to renew your bus or lorry licence every 5 years when you reach 45 and every year when you reach 65.
Need more information? Then fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.