Do you need to tow a trailer and need the B+E licence category?
Whether you are towing a horsebox, caravan or large trailer, if you obtained your car driving licence after 1997, you are legally required to obtain a B+E licence.
Don’t leave your horse out in the cold when it comes to transporting them. Are you struggling to find someone who can drive the Horse Box? We offer Category B+E licence training which, upon successful completion, you will be able to drive.
We offer a wide range of courses to suit your requirements with corporate or private training available.
Traindrive use a comfortable Nissan Navara 4×4 with a twin axle trailer for this course.
You will master reversing, coupling and uncoupling the trailer plus a general improvement in your driving.
Companies can also benefit from staff attending our Trailer Handling Course in order to give employees the knowledge to tow and reverse large trailers safely, reducing risk, damage and injury.
What can I drive once I get a BE licence?
You can drive a vehicle with a Maximum authorised mass (MAM) of 3,500kg with a trailer. (MAM means the weight of a vehicle or trailer including the maximum load that can be carried safely when it’s being used on the road).
The size of the trailer depends on the BE ‘valid from’ date shown on your licence. If the date is:
- before 19 January 2013, you can tow any size trailer
- on or after 19 January 2013, you can tow a trailer with a MAM of up to 3,500kg
Driving Licences More info on Driving Licence categories, and terms like “unladen weight” and “down-plating” on GOV.UK
Why use Traindrive?
- Our “instructors” are friendly, fully qualified and experienced.
- We will give you the very best training over a 1 or 2 day period, with 1-1 tuition and the use of a modern easy to use vehicle coupled with a TWIN AXLE TRAILER that is weighted to the DSA Test Requirements.
- Traindrive offer a wide range of courses to suit your requirements with corporate or private training available.
High car & trailer licence test pass rate with a Traindrive towing course
Traindrive will prepare you for the car and trailer practical test. You will learn:
- Vehicle safety – in order to answer the 5 ‘show me, tell me’ questions that will be asked during your test.
- Driving ability – dual-carriageways, one-way systems, motorways
- Reversing exercise – self explanatory you will learn how to reverse the trailer into a space.
- Uncoupling and recoupling – during the test you will have to show this
- Driving Standards – We have years of experience at putting right peoples driving faults and preparing them for very demanding DSA Driving Tests
No theory test required for B+E Category
It’s also possible to use your own vehicle or trailer. But it must comply with the requirements for the driving test and you must have adequate insurance cover to include driver training.
Traindrive B+E course fees:
Cost is £200 + VAT + Test (4 hours including test duration)
DSA test fee £115 (VAT exempt)
A typical B+E course elsewhere could be £400 + VAT + Test
Should a candidate fail a test, the test report will be analysed and a further retraining programme will be proposed as appropriate.
Tel: 01322 901 306
Mob: 07973 731274