Car and Trailer (Category B+E) Licence

Do you need to tow a trailer and need the B+E licence category?

Whether you are towing a horsebox, caravan or large trailer, if you obtained your car driving licence after 1997, you are legally required to obtain a B+E licence.

Car & Trailer driver Training

We offer a wide range of courses to suit your requirments with corporate or private training available.

Traindrive use a comfortable Nissan Navara 4×4 with a twin axle trailer for this course.
Car & Trailer training Kent London Essex & Surrey

Traindrive use a Nissan Navara 4×4


You will master the reversing, coupling and uncoupling the trailer plus a general improvement in your driving. Companies can also benefit from staff attending our Trailer Handling Course in order to give employees the knowledge to tow and reverse large trailers safely, reducing risk, damage and injury. Use the Booking Form or email us at or call us on 01322 901 306 for a tailored price.


Why use Traindrive ?

  • Our “instructors” are friendly, fully qualified and experienced.
  • We will give you the very best training over a 1 or 2 day period, with 1-1 tuition and the use of a modern easy to use vehicle coupled with a TWIN AXLE TRAILER that is weighted to the DSA Test Requirements.
  • Traindrive offer a wide range of courses to suit your requirements with corporate or private training available.


High pass rate!! with car & trailer licence Tests using Traindrive towing course



Traindrive will prepare you for the The car and trailer practical test. You will learn..


  1. Vehicle safety – in order to answer the 5 ‘show me, tell me’ questions that will be asked during your test.
  2. Driving ability – dual-carriageways, one-way systems, motorways
  3. Reversing exercise – self explanatory you will learn how to reverse the trailer into a space.
  4. Uncoupling and recoupling – during the test you will have to show this
  5. Driving Standards – We have years of experience at putting right peoples driving faults and preparing them for very demanding DSA Driving Tests

There is no theory test required. It is also possible to use your own vehicle/trailer, however, it must comply with the requirements for the driving test and you must have adequate insurance cover to include driver training – see – or email us at or call us on 01322 901 306.


Traindrive B+E course fees:

  • £200 + VAT + Test (4 hours including test duration)
  • Typical B+E course £400 + VAT + Test
  • DSA test fee £115 (VAT exempt)

Should a candidate fail a test, the test report will be analysed and a further retraining programme will be proposed as appropriate.



Tel: 01322 901 306
Mob: 07973 731274